Every Friday through October 5 I will be offering suggestions for the celebration of the Year of Faith.
- Host a local pilgrimage. Making a pilgrimage doesn’t have to mean traveling to far off places. There is probably a shrine or other holy place within your own diocese you can organize a day trip to! You can carpool in small groups, or for larger pilgrimages you can charge a small fee and rent a bus.
- Put on a concert. If you have a pool of musical talent to draw on, host a concert in your parish. This could be as simple as a selection of favorites from the pew hymnal or as complex as highlighting sacred music from the great tradition of the Church. You can do even more good through the event by taking up a good-will offering for your local Catholic Charities or other charitable organization.
- 50 Year of Faith Activities: #13-15 (July 6, 2012)
- 50 Year of Faith Activities: #11-12 (June 29, 2012)
- 50 Year of Faith Activities: #9-10 (June 22, 2012)
- 50 Year of Faith Activities: #6-8 (June 15, 2012)
- 50 Year of Faith Activities: #4-5 (This post) (June 8, 2012)
Photo by Dmitri Korobtsov/FlickrCC