Jonathan is available to speak at workshops, conferences, professional development days, and in-services. Use the contact form to request information on how to bring Jonathan to your school, parish, or diocese. You can find examples of Jonathan’s presentations on his Vimeo channel.
- Social Networking: A Primer for Catholics – Social networking sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter have had a huge impact on the way people — especially youth — get information, communicate and form relationships. This talk offers an overview of social networking for beginners with a special emphasis on implications for Catholic school teachers, youth ministers, and catechists. It offers a brief look at the Church’s teaching on social media, examines the most popular social networking sites, and offers guidelines for getting started in the world of social networking.
- Evangelizing and Catechizing the “Net Generation” – Today’s generation gap seems larger than ever. The students in our parishes and schools are comfortable with technologies that seemed like science fiction when many of us were growing up. Given the radically different way that young people today use technology to take in and process knowledge, what are the implications for PSR programs and Catholic schools? How can we reach out to without compromising the Gospel? And what do teachers, parents, and catechists need to know about this “brave new world?” This workshop seeks to address these questions and help find ways to “bridge the gap.”
“Jonathan Sullivan’s presentation was an eye opener that challenged me to look at new technology as a means to engage our younger members.”
- Reaching Parishioners with Facebook – With over 500 million active members, Facebook is the most popular social networking site online. Chances are that many of your parishioners are already there. Is your parish? This workshop explores why parishes should have a presence on Facebook and how they can connect with their parishioners by setting up a Facebook page. Participants will watch step-by-step as a Facebook page is set up in real time. Jonathan also shares tips on how to make the best use of your page once it is set up.
- Catholic Schools: Centers of the New Evangelization – For fifty years the Church has exhorted the faithful to engage the world in a new evangelization. This call to be missionaries is especially relevant for Catholic schools where young people are formed as disciples of Christ. This presentation for Catholic school teachers and administrators helps focus their work in the context of the New Evangelization. Participants will gain an understanding of the New Evangelization and learn concrete steps for integrating it into the classroom and school community.
“I love Jonathan! He’s so practical and enjoys his mission so much!”
- Marketing Your School Online – The internet offers a wide variety of options for marketing your school “ so many options that it can be overwhelming! What really works? How can you use your web site and other online tools to spread your school’s message without breaking the budget? A practical, “how-to” workshop for school development, marketing, and administrative personnel.
- How We Got the Bible We Got – Jonathan takes participants back to the early years of the Church to discover how the early Christians answered the question: “What goes in the Bible?”
- Growing in Holiness Through Middle Management - The Second Vatican Council renewed the Church’s teaching on the universal call to holiness. Yet many administrators find it a challenge to connect their job responsibilities with their spiritual life. Can management be a path to holiness? This presentation explores the connection between leadership and Christ’s threefold ministry as priest, prophet and king with an emphasis on real-world applications for catechetical leaders.